Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2013 07:38:16 -0800
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        =?windows-1252?Q?Olivier_Cochard-Labb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <arch@freebsd.org>, Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>, "debian-bsd@lists.debian.org" <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>
Subject:   Re: IPSEC

On Dec 14, 2013, at 11:28 , Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:

> Hi arch@,
>=20
> The question below has been unanswered since Sat, Sep 14, 2013.
>=20
> Are there any known concerns with enabling IPSEC?  Is there any reason
> to not do so in GENERIC?
>=20

Certainly there is always a risk of reduced stability when you mix more =
code into the
system.  I do not know, off hand, of any bugs that would prevent us from =
turning this
on in GENERIC.  It would be nice to know what kind of user/customer =
demand
you=92re seeing so we could evaluate whether or not we should turn IPSec =
on by
default in GENERIC in the base FreeBSD.

Best,
George

-------+

-------+
>>    N           Min           Max        Median           Avg        =
Stddev