Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 2003 18:53:13 -0800
From:      "Kurt D. McCullum" <kmccullum@socal.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall vs ports

I have a general question for the list. Does the sysinstall utility use the
same scripts as the ports tree? The reason I ask is because when I install
CUPS it fails to create the following directories.
/var/log/cups
/usr/local/etc/cups/certs
/usr/local/etc/cups/ppd
/var/spool/cups
/var/spool/cups/tmp

But I have been told (though I have not tested it) that when compiled from the
ports tree these directories are created. Can sombody shed some light on
this. I have had some packages which won't install from sysinstall but they
will when using make utility in the ports tree.

Kurt