Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:32:04 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: freetype2 upgrade

--Boundary-02=_UoUZArNYMpI7b4v

On Saturday 27 March 2004 09:53, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 March 2004 08:43, Doug Barton wrote:
> > > I did this slightly differently, but it's fixed now, thanks.
> >
> > Just curious: Any specific reason you didn't use REINPLACE_CMD?
>
> LOL ... You should really check the archives for the answer to that
> question.

I can't find an answer for that question in the archives. You presented the=
=20
argument that using sed instead of REINPLACE_CMD will make ports compatible=
=20
with older versions of FreeBSD without adding extra dependencies, but xpdf=
=20
depends on freetype2 which does use REINPLACE_CMD, turning your refusal to=
=20
use it here into a mere token gesture (I actually submitted this as a patch=
=20
file to avoid exactly that sort of thing).

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org