Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:12:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Claus=20Guttesen?= <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, Lasse Laursen <laursen@netgroup.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible Threading problem with -CURRENT / MySQL?

> > We just had our first lockup for today - and the
> last one. Next step is to
> > downgrade to Linux :( *crud*

Maby not the greatest comfort, but I've had a Dell
2650 with the Perc3-controller working for weeks. I
installed rt3 (troubleticket-system) which needed
Mysql (or postgresql). I installed Mysql 4.0 and
haven't had problems with it. I increased the amount
of RAM than Mysql can utilize, but that's about it.

All installed from /usr/ports using portinstall.

FreeBSD 5.2.1, 2 GB RAM, dual Xeon @ 2.4 Ghz. Other
than enabling -O2 and CPUTYPE=i686 in /etc/make.conf
and make a customized kernel with amr in my kernel,
everything else is pretty much default.

I never touched HTT in BIOS nor using sysctl, that's
working out of the box.

/etc/make.conf:
CPUTYPE=i686
CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -fno-strict-aliasing
COPTFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops
etc. etc. etc.

/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/DELL2650:
machine     i386
cpu            I686_CPU
ident          DELL
options      SCHED_4BSD              #4BSD scheduler
options      SMP                     # Symmetric
MultiProcessor Kernel
device        apic
device        amr             # AMI MegaRAID
device        bge             # Broadcom BCM570xx
Gigabit Ethernet

regards
Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan