Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:07:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Reliable KASSERT panic in CURRENT

On 18-Mar-01 Mark Murray wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im getting a reliable panic (KASSERT actually) in kern_mutex.c
> line 215.
>
> It happens when I ^Z in vi on an intel SMP box running (very) CURRENT.

It's a bogus assertion now (like I said on IRC :-P).  We can actually run for a
very little bit while we are in SSTOP just before we go to sleep, so on an SMP
system during priority propagation we might hit a running process that's not in
SZOMB or SRUN.  You can either add SSTOP to the MPASS() there or just remove
the assertion entirely.  I'm leaning towards removing the assertion but don't
feel too strongly about it either way.