Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 18:46:09 +0100
From:      "Andy Coates" <andy@friends-tv.net>
To:        "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help! :(

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>
To: "Andy Coates" <andy@friends-tv.net>; <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 5:26 PM

> | Can anyone help me out here and suggest a plan of action?
>
> I've experienced this in the past. A hit on CTRL + C
> resumes the boot. I found the problem to be name resolution
> issues.

Hey,

Turned out to be apache.sh script, as I installed apache with SSL recently
and it turns out the default .sh file has a line similar to:

apachectl startssl > /dev/null

So I started this myself, without the redirect to null, and it starts up
asking for my secure pass phrase to decrypt my SSL keys - so thats where it
was stopping and because it was being redirected to null I couldn't see it
asking this.  Removed the redirection, rebooted to make sure it was that and
now as it starts asks me for my phrase to start SSL, so I can enter it and
it continues booting happily :-)

At least I can see whats happening now, although I don't like having to
enter the phrase on bootup as I might restart this machine remotely. I'll go
read the docs and see if there's anyway around this apart from not running
it at boot.

Thanks for everyone's help...
Andy.