Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:54:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sites running FreeBSD

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> Adrian Filipi-Martin wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Donald Wilde wrote:
> >
> > > Actually, (sub rosa) they just sent a $25K donation to the FreeBSD
> > > Project. Buy some cards, guys, and let them know you appreciate their
> > > support! Evidently BillyG tried to muscle into their market with some of
> > > his typical roach-like tactics, and they won in court!
> >
> >         Who exactly do we send the cards to?
>
> Core team members?  The author of your favorite device driver?  The
> person who fixed the last bug that was driving you crazy?  Jordan?
> Bob Bruce?  DG?  etc.  ;^)

	I know what commitment all of the above have to the FreeBSD project
and its success.  That's not news to me.

	What I was looking for was who found the project deserving enough
to drop $25K on it.  I doubt your telling me the core and possibly the
committers tossed $25K in a hat to pat themselves on the back for a job
well done.  (Not that I wouldn't give such a pat myself any of the above
were in arms reach.)

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]