Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:06:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        racielprz@minsap.pri.sld.cu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New to Freebsd

> Helo list I am new on freebsd but some time ago I use linux and still
> using it   one month ago I download Freebsd 5.3, and yesterday I finish to
> download Freebsd 5.4, my question is wich version is more stable 5.3 or
> 5.4 rigth now I do not know which version I going to install please if
> somebody could tell me which version is more stable it help me to much.
> Best regards

FreeBSD 5.4 is the supported release now.  It has supplanted 5.3.
It is also much better than 5.3.

You might want to read about versions and releases, current, stable, etc
in the handbook.   It should clarify thw way these tracks are done
in FreeBSD, which is much more straight forward than LINUX.

////jerry