Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:06:29 -0600
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help getting apache 22 working

On 6/27/07, Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> wrote:
> accf_http is not compulsory for apache to work.

Ah, ok.  That's good to know, though I did put the module to autoload
in my loader.conf file.

> > However, the server still isn't working as a "lynx localhost" is
> > denied and sockstat doesn't show any listening sockets on port 80.
> > What else needs to be done to get apache 22 working?
>
> did you add  the enabling line in /etc/rc.conf? For version 2.2 it should be
>
> apache22_enable="YES"

Not yet.  I was just trying to start it via "/usr/local/sbin/apachectl".

> ( you actually need to check the startup script at /usr/local/etc/rc.d/, in
> this case /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 to see what _enable line is needed )
>
> then you start the webserver with
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start
>
> ( or 'forcestart' instead of start if you don't have the _enable line in
> rc.conf)
>
> Also, make sure you have no firewall in place stopping the traffic.

Thanks for the info.  I actually found that, apparently, apache 22 is
much more of a stickler for an IP address to hostname than is apache
1.3.  I did a little bit of slight of hand in /etc/hosts and then
started apache and it actually started for me.

I didn't think this was the problem because on my personal machine I'm
running 1.3 and I get this same error, but the server still starts.

Thanks everybody.

Andy