Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:28:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Randy Katz <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dynamic or Static Query???

Hello people,

I have a general question about a Web Site. Should the pages be generated
dynamically or statically?

Here's the scoop.

1. There are over 9000 customers.
2. Each one gets a www.mainsite.ext/customers/customera directory currently
3. All .html files are currently generated and are stored statically.
4. There are over 9000 subdirectories to /customers/.
5. All graphic files are shared in a common /customergraphics/ directory.

Question: Would it be better to make these pages Dynamically generated? I
invite the Pros/Cons discussion...if any have experience please let me know.

PS - I understand that http://my.yahoo.com/? uses cookies and it must
pull from a database to generate the pages...the front end one at
least.

Thanx,
Randy Katz