Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:42:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marcelo Carvalho <carvalho@soe.ucsc.edu>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Missing chapter

	Hi,

	I'm currently trying to find information of how to modify and
compile the kernel in FreeBSD. Apparently, you guys have a mistake in the
main page of the handbook. I found a "chapter 23" about debbuging the
kernel that is not included in the table of contents. Furthermore, if you
go forward, clicking on the "next" link, you end up at the chapter 22
(???).

	I would like to take the opportunity and ask more information on
kernel debugging. I'm supposed to change the files under /sys/netinet and
I have no idea on how to get started. In other words, what are the
procedures, after changing some files, to compile the kernel? Do I have to
create a new kernel just because I changed some files in the netinet
directory?

	Please, let me know some directions, guides, guidelines, whatever,
as soon as possible. I would really appreciate some help in this
journey. I found FreeBSD very convenient to work and I won't to take as
much as possible from this great OS! Congratulations!!!

	Thanks,

--
	Marcelo