Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:22:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@wxs.nl>
Subject:   fdisk: "unable to write data to disk" (RAID)

Hi,

I have two logical drives in a RAID controller. At startup FreeBSD
recognises them as amrd0 (RAID-5 with 4 disks) and amrd1 (RAID-0 with 1
disk).

Now I want to partition the amrd1 as 1 slice with 1 partition in it (just
to store data on it). But when I try in fdisk to write the changes to
disk, it says it is unable to write the changes. Now I can't do anything
with the disk.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

--
It is always preferable to visit home with a friend.  Your parents will
not be pleased with this plan, because they want you all to themselves