Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:38:56 -0500
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@unixdaemons.com>
To:        current@Freebsd.ORG
Cc:        darrenr@Freebsd.ORG
Subject:   PFIL_HOOKS should be made default in 5.0

Hi all.

A teeny-weeny issue I would like to discuss, is that we make the pfil(9)
hooks code default in 5.0, and remove the kernel option; this is because
it creates problems when PFIL_HOOKS is not in the (e.g. GENERIC) kernel,
and someone tries to load the ipfilter kernel module (ipl.ko). [1]

I have discussed this with Darren, but would just like to make it
public, so it can be discussed by the release engineers etc.  I
apologize but I do not have patches for this.

Cheers.

--
Hiten Pandya (hiten@unixdaemons.com, hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org)
http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/