Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
To:        Ben Rosengart <ben@skunk.org>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: So, back on the topic of enabling bpf in GENERIC...

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Ben Rosengart wrote:

> > That would mean you can't run a secured DHCP server :(
>
> I think only the client needs BPF.  Anyway, you just start the server in
> the rc files, before securelevel is raised.

The isc dhcp server doesn't support a -SIGHUP reload, which would mean
a reboot everytime you wanted to change the config file. For the average
ISP this isn't a problem, for someone who uses dhcp to make configuring
servers easier (me) this would suck.

However that's an administrator's choice and changing the behavior
wouldn't be that difficult.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -