Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 00:22:28 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 testing...willing to help

> >   What is curious, though, is that during a telnet, running any command
> > to dump a large amount of information to the screen will lock up the
> > connection forcing me to login again.  Similar things happen with ftp
> > (locked up after logging in when I first issue an ls).  The surest way
> > to lock up teh connection is to go to /sys/compile/KERN and do an ls.
> > Data piped to more (a screenful at a time) seems to be ok, but
> > substancially more locks up TCP connections.  This does not occur with
> > NFS (I build a kernel using it).
>
> I suppose something going wrong when multiple mbuf cluster is
> used for encrypted TCP connection.

I found the problem and my assumption was wrong.

That was due to basic mistake that opt_ipsec.h inclusion is
missing on several tcp related files.
(Actually there was also another bugs behind that, and I could
also fix them in the debugging process, luckily.)

I fixed the problem and confirmed that it has been fixed.
Could you please try it after updating following files?

  sys/netinet/tcp_input.c
  sys/netinet/tcp_output.c
  sys/netinet/tcp_subr.c
  sys/netinet6/ipsec.h