Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2017 10:51:24 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ABI confusion: freebsd:12:x86:64 or ABI: freebsd:12:amd64?

--Sig_/8_/KV1nqqQOtqpC05WlGfe.

When using "poudriere", it seems ABI is freebsd:12:x86:64. When using FreeB=
SD base, it
seems always to be referred to FreeBSD:12:amd64. What now? All non-BSD worl=
d uses x86:64,
FreeBSD is using amd64, but why is this used inconsistently all over the pl=
aces?

I run into trouble setting up some package- and base-servers and ran into t=
he problem
when deleting - not thinking of this discovered inconsistency - some links =
on the servers
regarding FreeBSD:12:x86:64 (the same is for 11-STABLE).

Can someone shed some light onto this?=20

What am I supposed to use now? The handbook referes to amd64, so I thought =
poudriere
would, too.=20

Thanks in advance,

oh
--=20
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder =C3=9Cbermittlung meiner Daten f=C3=BCr
Werbezwecke oder f=C3=BCr die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (=C2=A7 28 Abs.=
 4 BDSG).

--Sig_/8_/KV1nqqQOtqpC05WlGfe.

--Sig_/8_/KV1nqqQOtqpC05WlGfe.--