Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:24:53 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@freebsd.org>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@freebsd.org>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: experimental qemu-devel port update, please test!

On 04/14/07 12:00, Juergen Lock wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:28:39PM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
>> On 04/07/07 15:04, Juergen Lock wrote:
>>> In article <4615DB05.8000608@freebsd.org> you write:

>>> Oh, just for the benefit of users who might forget to rm them after
>>> applying the diff. :)  (patch turning them into empty files...)
>>>
>>> Just committed this btw.
>>>
>>> 	Juergen
>>
>> Hmm.. Now, using the vmware driver makes my system either shutdown, or
>> insta-reboot.  :(
>
> You mean -vmwarevga?  Which guest?  And, does the guest crash or the host?

Yea, but I found out it does it whether or not I use the vmwarevga
option, and seems to be tied to kqemu kldloaded.  I'm still looking at
it - kind of painful since it crashes my host system.  The guest is a
etherbooted FreeBSD-current, but it doesn't get far enough to even boot
the OS in the guest.

> You could try disabling the
> 	#define HW_RECT_ACCEL
> 	#define HW_FILL_ACCEL
> near the top of hw/vmware_vga.c, a range check is missing in the
> accellerated case, see
> 	http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-04/msg00136.html
>> kqemu-kmod-1.3.0.p11 Kernel Acceralator for QEMU CPU Emulator
>> (development versi
>> qemu-devel-0.9.0s.20070405_2 QEMU CPU Emulator - development snapshot
>
>  Yeah those are the lastest...

I'll try that if I still suspect it.  Although, I can say that without
kqemu loaded, but the vmwarevga option used, my ethernet device ends up
with a MAC of FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.  I can't override it either.

I'll try some more things, and report back.

Eric