Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 10:56:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        Alex Marquardt <intertec@pair.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD install

Hi
On 26-Apr-97 Alex Marquardt wrote:
>I have tried unsuccessfully to install FreeBSD onto two systems. I
>will get all the way past the menus and installation. Right after it
>finishes copying the last of the files from my DOS partition it gives me
>this massage: "Information Dialog: Saving any boot -c changes to new
>kernel..." when it gets there it stops. I've waited for 10 minutes one
>time and it stayed there. It also makes a beeeeeeeeeep sound on my PC's
>internal speaker. FYI, I've tried to install bin, info, doc, manpages

I know this beeeeep sound -- it sometimes happens to me as well, when halting
the system. I don't know the exact reason. When I press a key, the machine will
reboot and everything is fine (file systems have been closed and such..)

In your particular case: What happens when you reboot the machine? Is there a
boot: prompt or does it show any other life signs?

>and xfree86; I tried this again without the xfree86 without any luck.
>I've also tried bin, doc and manpages; still no go. Can anyone help?
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Alex Marquardt

cuJo
FreeBSD                                        <http://www.freebsd.org>;
Top breeders recommend it

Joachim Kuebart                                      <joa@delos.lf.net>
<joa@stuttgart.netsurf.de>          <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Germany                                             Tel: +49 711 653706