Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 11:27:24 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stijn@win.tue.nl (Stijn Hoop)
Cc:        jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz (Jonathan Chen), dwcjr@inethouston.net (David W. Chapman Jr.), freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla 0.9 port

> On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 12:10:32PM +1200, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> > On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 07:07:58PM -0500, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
> > > Did you delete your .mozilla directory?
> >
> > Yup. First thing I thought of: rm -r ~/.mozilla. Twice. Same problem.
>
> Do you still have the build directory (work/mozilla) ? I had the
> same problem, but after manually coping dist/bin from the work directory
> with the following commands:
>
> # cd /usr/X11R6/lib
> # mv mozilla mozilla.port
> # mkdir mozilla
> # cd mozilla
> # (cd /usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist/bin && tar -chf - . ) | \
> 	tar -xf -
>
> things magically worked for me. I still do not know *why* though, but
> it's happened to me on 2 machines now so I know it's not a hardware
> problem.

Ok folks. I got flooded with problem reports and decided to step
down for awhile until I have 4-STABLE testbox up and running to
test and debug Mozilla on. I'm currently working on setting up
such a box and hopefully will have it ready to go later today.
That said, it doesn't mean that nobody else should try to find a
solution for "Mozilla 0.9 on 4-STABLE" problem - I'll be glad if
someone will identofy it and submit a patch.

-Maxim