Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:04:35 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: advantage/disadvatage of freebsd 5.2.1 over other OS in the market???

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 05:51:32AM -0700, icecool_ace wrote:
> hello freebsd developers!:) im aceron a student from the philippines.i wo=
uld like to know the advantages and disadvantages of freebsd 5.2.1 over oth=
er OS in the market.mainly because we can't compare it to other OS one by o=
ne...to tell u frankly here in the philippines the only OS widely being use=
d is windows and mac.so we would like to discuss an operating system other =
than windows and mac to our classmates and friends.and we chose freebsd...t=
hank you for helping us.God bless!:)
>=20

Well, as no-one else has said anything, I will.

The best way to find out about the strengths and limitations of an
operating system is to use it - FreeBSD is available for you to download
free of charge, so why not give it a go?

Start by looking at http://www.freebsd.org.

You will learn a lot more by doing it yourself than by us telling you
why we use FreeBSD!

Good luck, and happy computing!

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \