Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 23:41:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      Forjan Tamas <tamas@2fkft.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        pao-report@clave.gr.jp
Subject:   DE-650 configuration

Dear Guys,

I have sent a question about using my D-Link DE-650 in BNC (coax) mode
last week to bsd-nomads, but unfortunately no expert had the time to
answer me, that's why I repost to these addresses. Below I quote my
original message - if you have any suggestions, please contact me.

Hello Nomads,

I recently installed PAO3 to my FreeBSD-3.3-RELEASE notebook. As a network
device I use a D-Link DE-650 card.

One of our productions networks is UTP-based, and in that network the card
works fine. In the other network, however, where the transport media is
BNC (coax) I can't get my card to work under FreeBSD.

Could it be possible to change the media type somehow under FreeBSD from
UTP to BNC? (I
suspect I'd need to twiddle with the settings in pccard.conf, but I just
don't know what to add/set/remove there) It would help me a lot if you
could help/give ideas.

Thank you,

--
Tamas FORJAN