Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:22:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      woods@zeus.leitch.com (Greg A. Woods)
To:        Chrisy Luke <chrisy@flix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipv6 network addresses

[ On Tue, June 2, 1998 at 11:10:02 (+0100), Chrisy Luke wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ipv6 network addresses
>
> Philippe Regnauld wrote (on Jun 02):
> > 	Good NAT solutions use a pool of addresses (i.e.: Cisco),
> > 	where hosts seem to come from different addresses each time).
> > 	This also allow for semi-permanent "two-way" setups, allowing
> > 	for example ftp back-connect and other horrible things transparently.
>
> Where's the FreeBSD implementation then? :-)

Darren Reed's IP-Filter + NAT package does this quite nicely (though
I've never actually proven that there's some "randomness" to the source
address used -- though I'd guess with a sufficiently busy set of
connections it would appear to be random).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>