Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 18:58:50 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@McKusick.COM>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, mrg@eterna.com.au
Subject:   Re: more queue.h brokenness

TAILQ macros run about 20% faster than CIRCLEQ macros on typical
insertion, deletion, and lookup ratios due to fewer tests, and
testing terminaion against NULL rather than a computed value.
CIRCLEQ's win when your are predominently traversing them in the
reverse direction. Frankly, if I had figured out how to traverse
TAILQ's backwards when I wrote the queue macros, I would not have
put CIRCLEQ's into the macro set at all.

	Kirk McKusick