Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:35:33 +0000
From:      Jon Barber <jon.barber@acm.org>
To:        Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
Cc:        Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDEs

Well, to be honest I don't develop under FreeBSD (gulp) , I use Win32,
but I'd prefer to develop under Unix of some sort.  What has stopped me
so far has been the apalling fonts under JDKs for Unix.

I know you can install your own fonts for the JDKs but to be frank I
couldn't be bothered, so until recently its been Win32 for me.  However,
the latest version of IDEA (version 3.0, just released) uses JRE 1.4
from scratch, and this has much better default fonts under Linux, so
maybe I will give it a go.

But to answer the question :-) I've never had this problem under Win32.
 Have you tried version 3.0 under FreeBSD ?

Jon.