Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:01:42 +0100
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>,  VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
Subject:   Any help about FreeBSD & Dell's Troubleshooting Tool DSET

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for the feedback... here is the configuration of server:

*2 x PE2950 III Quad Core Xeon E5450 3.0GHz,2x6MB,1333FSB
*Riser with PCI Express Support (2x PCIe x8 slots; 1x PCIe x4 slot)
PE2950 English rack power cord
PE2950 Bezel Assembly
*16GB (8x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs) 667MHz FBD
6 x 450GB SAS 15k 3.5" HD Hot Plug
*PE2950 III - Chassis 3.5HDD x6 Backplane
*PERC 6/i, Integrated Controller Card x6 backplane
*CD/DVD Drive Cable
8X DVD-ROM Drive IDE
PE2950 III Redundant Power Supply No Power Cord
Rack Power Distribution Unit Power Cord
TCP/IP Offload Engine 2P
Broadcom TCP/IP Offload Engine functionality (TOE) Not Enabled
Drac 5 Card
*PE2950 III C5 MSS R10 Add-in PERC 5/i / 6/i*

Attached is also screen dump from the server:

I would apprecaite any help....

VJ
--
Hello Guys

I am in a situation here. I am running couple of Dell 2950 Servers with
FreeBSD 7.0 amd. There seemed to be a problem related to RAID controller on
one server. From Dell support, I was told to download a troubleshooting tool
called DSET. (
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/dell_system_tool?c=us&l=en&s=gen)
But that is for Linux distributions.

So, I am just in middle of no where :(

Could you guys guide me that how to install and run this tool on my server
in order to diagnose problem?

--
Thanks!

BR / vj

This question should have gone to -hardware or -stable.

It depends on what RAID controller is installed in the box, and what
problem you're actually having ("There seemed to be a problem with the
RAID controller" tells us nothing).

I believe others have some experience with PERC controllers, but as I
said, we don't know what hardware you have.