Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:10:03 +0100
From:      Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   transmission-web settings do not work

Basic system, installed these packages:  transmission-daemon és
transmission-web.

Here is rc.conf:

transmission_enable="YES"
transmission_flags=" -a 192.168.0.1 "
transmission_download_dir="/download"

Other settings are the defaults. Then I do this:

vm01# mkdir -p /download
vm01# chown -R transmission:transmission /download
vm01# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/transmission start
Starting transmission.
vm01# ps axww | grep transm
8963  ??  SsJ    0:00.00 /usr/local/bin/transmission-daemon -g
/usr/local/etc/transmission/home -a 192.168.0.1 -w /download

My problem: cannot use web UI from outside. Here is the error I get:

> Unauthorized IP Address.
>
> Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
>
> If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and
> 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
>
> If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the
> transmission-daemon manpage for details.

However, it is useless to change "rpc-whitelist-enable" to "false" in
the ~transmission/settings.json file. I can even delete it. It doesn't
matter. Anytime I start transmission-daemon, it ignores all the
settings. Then, if I stop it, it dumps out the default settings again to
settings.json.
régi settings.json-t.

When starting up transmission-daemon, it doesn't tell anything about not
found config file, cannot read or parse it etc.

What did I wrong?

System info:

vm01# uname -a
FreeBSD vm01.tessssst.dyndns.org 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #2: Wed
Nov 18 08:50:04 CET 2009
gandalf@tessssst.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DARKSUN  amd64
vm01# pkg_info | grep trans
transmission-daemon-1.75 A fast and lightweight daemon BitTorrent client
transmission-web-1.75 A fast and lightweight WebUI for Transmission
BitTorrent cl
vm01#

Thanks

  Laszlo