Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:50:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      Iain Templeton <iaint@css.tuu.utas.edu.au>
To:        Christopher Raven <gurab@lineone.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, crtb@capecod.net
Subject:   Re: Amiga diskettes on FreeBSD ?

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Christopher Raven wrote:

> Amigas can read / write PC 1.44mb format disks using crossdos or
> similar, FreeBSD can read / write PC format disks using mtools or
> similar ......... if it is just the data you need, surely this is a
> possible answer ?
>
> Chris R.

Alternatively (I just thought of this rather wierd method), if you can get
an image of the disk (for example do a track read to a file on an Amiga,
or use DMS), you could then use the disk image through UAE.

A bit slow, plus you would need to install UAE, with its ROM images, and
WB disks and everything anyway, so this is sort of back to "how do you get
the files to FreeBSD in the first place".

But this still isn't reading the disks in the PC drive though (you would
have to copy the disk images across on a PC disk, or a network).

Iain
(Again)