Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:58:40 -0400
From:      BSDVault <diesel@bsdvault.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   No MAKEDEV in /dev after cvsup and rebuild

First let me say I am not subscriber to list so please respond directly to
me. =20

  I cvsup my box 2 nights ago 5.0 -> 5.0.    When I tried to remake all
devices,  I found that there was no MAKEDEV in /dev which seemed odd.  I
then tried to copy the one from /usr/src/etc into /dev which erorred with
:Operation not Permitted.  I then checked securelevel which was -1.   I the=
tried to re make the one in /usr/src/etc with make install which told me
MAKEDEV was up to date.  I moved MAKEDEV out of /usr/src/etc and then tried
to make MAKEDEV which then said "don=B9t know how to make MAKEDEV".

 I am truly stuck.  Can anyone offer some assistance.

Thanks=20

Ray=20