Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:14:59 +0400
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   route entries after ICMP redirect

I've got some problem with route entries that was created after ICMP
redirect messages. They are never expired.

Our default gateway (it's a HP switch) send ICMP redirect messages if it
see a short path to destination. It's makes it not so overloaded. But
pathes sometime changed. There is no problem with Windows workstations,
they are rebooted daily. But my FreeBSD boxes hold dinamic route entries
forever.

I've looked through RFCs and Stevens' books and found no answer on what
TTL for this entries.
Now I just add route flush as cron job. But may be there is another way?

--
Sem.