Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:45:50 -0500
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@panix.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: a few Last qstns on the wordpress installation....

On Jan 14, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Gary Kline wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:48:07AM -0800, Chip Camden wrote:
>>=20
>> Both of those can be anything you want.
>>=20
>> The database prefix just makes your database names unique.  I usually =
use
>> some form of the blog name itself as the prefix.
>>=20
>> The site title is just a string that can be accessed from your WP =
theme.
>> usually the theme renders it as part of the title of each page, as =
well
>> as putting it near the top of the page somewhere (usually).
>>=20
>=20
> 	Super.  Thanks for two direct answers.  If I Ever have to refer
> 	to the 0th and 1 st blogs, it makes sense to minimize the
> 	keystrokes; but that's just my bias. =20

Use a meaningful string.  In a year,  will you know which is 0 and which =
is 1?  Which is 937 or 739?  Let the computer do the hard things, and =
let the poor squishy brain do the easy things.  Much easier to remember =
that user fred's blog is fred_, and user barney's is barney_.  you can =
guess that Wilma's is going to be wilma_. =20=