Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:40:08 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, alex2@tecnik93.com
Subject:   Re: shared libs trouble with linux binaries

Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com> wrote:

> Adding /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/ to the LD_CONFIG_PATH
> in /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread seems to fix the problem (I have only ssh
> access to the machine now), hence now it dies with Error: Can't open display:
>
> I guess I could create a /etc/ld-elf.so.conf to fix the problem,
> but on other desktops I don't have it and I can't find the difference
> with this one.
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction ?

Do you use a non-default linux-base port? This sounds as if
/compat/linux/etc/ld-elf.so.conf doesn't contain the X11 lib dir.

If you use the default linux_base port, I'm interested in a list of all
installed linux ports in case the ld-elf.so.conf file doesn't contains the
dir.

Bye,
Alexander.

The closest to perfection a person ever comes
is when he fills out a job application form.
		-- Stanley J. Randall