Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 95 13:00:25 -0800
From:      hasty@netcom.com
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers), hasty@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/man/catman catman.perl

> If perl weren't already so popular, I'd be making a case for a tcl daemon
> that you could feed scripts to in order to check your system security and> /o

I will make a case for a tcl/daemon, it has safe-tcl, and you
can have command language, curses, or X interface.
There is a tcl extension which allows tk programs to use curses which
in my opinion is a sys admin dreams.

On the other hand, the script that the group really want is Newton-script
which is used on the newton to write GUI applications and it has
excellent OO extensions.

	Amancio