Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:20:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, mark@noc.mainstreet.net
Subject:   Re: SMP goes away after installworld (4.8-STABLE)

>Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:12:50 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Mark Kent <mark@noc.mainstreet.net>
>To: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: SMP goes away after installworld (4.8-STABLE)

>I've concluded now that SMP support is a goner in the current
>4.8-stable.

>Anyone else either have SMP working on 4.8-stable
>and/or knows that it doesn't?

I realize that there has been at least one response already, but still:
I have been tracking both -STABLE and -CURRENT on a daily basis, both on
my laptop and on my SMP (2x886 PIII) "build" machine, for a couple of
years now.  I think I'd notice if SMP didn't work on -STABLE (since
that's what it runs when I update my private CVS repo mirror, among
other things).

Peace,
david
Based on what I have seen to date, the use of Microsoft products is not
consistent with reliability.  I recommend FreeBSD for reliable systems.