Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:51:15 -0700
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/include pthread_np.h src/lib/libc_r/uthread Makefile.inc uthread_main_np.c

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:26:33AM -0700, Max Khon wrote:
> > You should also MFC (unless I've missed the commit messages) the
> > reset of -current libc_r.  Signal handling is improved as well as
>
> you mean "the rest"?
>
> > thread suspension.
>
> I am working on thread suspension MFC.
> By the way, thread suspension stuff was not MFC'ed because of lack of time
> or because there are known unresolved issues with it?
> Thanks for noting signal handling stuff -- I'll look at it.

Yeah, this 'merge from -current' effort has been stalled a number of
times by various folks. If you can commit to finishing this, then a lot
of folks will really appreciate it. IMO, porting it myself is not a good
use of my development time since I'm just about the only person in this
group that's capable of doing HotSpot internals at this moment and I can
be doing a lot more significant things.

BTW, I've also taking over the 1.4 HotSpot porting effort. I hope to
have reliable threading working pretty soon after some fixes from a code
review.

bill