Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:44:08 -0800
From:      Brendan Neutra <bneutra@ascend.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can or does PPP report the modem connect speed?

I am developing a modem test environment that will establish ppp
sessions and do file transfers in an automated fashion (using
TCL/Expect).  Does freebsd ppp print the modem connect speed to the
terminal when it connects?  Or does it log it to a log file?  This is
one of the data points that I need to gather when running my scripts.
BSDI 2.1 pppd does do this.  Does anyone know if linux does it?

thanks,

/brendan
--
\ o / Brendan R. Neutra
 \ /  Test Department, Ascend Communications, Inc.