Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:50:17 GMT
From:      neil.long@materials.oxford.ac.uk (Neil J Long)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2 world

HI
I took Jonathan Lemon's advice re: gdb.1 and ran make world to completion
without errors (no profile libs to save time). I still have the somewhat odd
problem with /usr/bin/genclass not being installed over the original Feb 15th
SNAPSHOT version. I will remove the mods to the Makefile and try it again when
I get the chance (only an old 486/33 but without profiled libs it completed in
16 hours .... oh, you lucky P200 owners).

It is installed with the -C option rather than -c. Is this intentional even for
a make world?

install -C -o bin -g bin -m 555 genclass  /usr/bin

I also end up with original (Feb 15th) versions of libscrypt* in /usr/lib since
I use des (international) - just curious.

Neil