Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:02:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        John Hengstler <john@hei.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Buildworld fails

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, John Hengstler wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I did full install of 3.0-RELEASE onto a spare box.   Installed and boot
> perfect with GENERIC.  S
>
> So I installed current version of cvsup and have have been slurping updates
> on everything withno problems.
>
> When I go to do a make buildworld.   It has been bombing everytime.  Here is
> the output of the last try:

> cc -fpic -DPIC -O -pipe -Wall -I/usr/obj/elf/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c
> /usr/src/lib/libtacplus/taclib.c -o taclib.so
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1

> I did do a make update this morning (around 10am pst) before I did this
> buildworld.   Other buildworlds have had similiar results.    Late last
> night I did build a new kernel no problem thinking that GENERIC was bad.
> Same results as prior times.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> John Hengstler

Unless this happens in the same spot every time you have a hardware
problem.  Aren't there about 10 FAQs out there at least that explain this?

Try swapping ram, disabling cache, swapping boards.  Something has gone
rotten in your box.

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current