Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:38:15 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: OLDCARD to go away

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 12:46:20PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> I'm in the process of flushing my last few changes into OLDCARD
> (mostly pccard.conf entries).  Once that's complete, I'll be removing
> OLDCARD from head, likely early next week.
>
> Warner

Hi Warner,

This is not a complaint, as I've only myself to blame for not doing
something about it earlier, but I have here a venerable ThinkPad 380D with
a Cirrus PD6729 PCI-PCMCIA bridge.  Right now this only works on OLDCARD.

Am I going to be SOL with this machine once OLDCARD goes away, or is the
stuff in dev/exca eventually going to support it?  In the latter case, is
there anything I can do to make it happen sooner?

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon