Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:59:13 +0200
From:      Irvine Short <irvine@sanbi.ac.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE, sound, artsd and xmms

Hey All

How do you guys get all the above to play together?

I'd like to keep artsd going. At the moment I can get xmms to play by
running artsdsp xmms.

Is there a neater/better way? There's a plugin for xmms to talk directly
to artsd but by all accounts it's old and buggy and not  in the ports
subsystem.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7RX, KDE 3,03, and XMMS 1.2.7

The sound card is an Ensoniq AudioPCI ESS1371

--

Irvine Short

Sys Admin
SANBI, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
http://www.sanbi.ac.za
tel: +27-21-959 3645
cel: +27-82-494 3828