Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:24:47 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown@ru.ac.za>
Subject:   Re: make run-depends-list-recursive?

On Thursday 16 April 2009 14:52:34 Jonathan McKeown wrote:
> On Thursday 16 April 2009 12:27:04 Mel Flynn wrote:
> > But yes, all-depends-list is exactly that, with the provision
> > that it does not take changed OPTIONS into account.
>
> That's what I suspected you were saying yesterday, and it seems to be
> wrong.

No, you misunderstood.

> Try this (assuming you haven't already configured/installed net/freeradius2
> and security/krb5)
>
> cd /usr/ports/net/freeradius2
> make all-depends-list
> make config    # select Kerberos
> make all-depends-list
> make -C /usr/ports/security/krb5 config    # unselect documentation for
> krb5 make all-depends-list
> make -C /usr/ports/security/krb5 rmconfig
> make rmconfig

Correct.

But...
make -C /usr/ports/net/freeradius2 rmconfig
make -C /usr/ports/net/freeradius2 all-depends-list
<calculate diskspace>
make -C /usr/ports/net/freeradius2 install

Now you're presented with the config dialog and your calculated diskpace may
be off.
That's what I meant with all-depends-list surpressing config target.
You also cannot check for /var/db/ports/*/options file being present, because
config-conditional not only checks for the presence of the file, but also if
options have been removed/deleted and will represent you with the config
dialog if so.

So, all in all, when diskspace is critical and you want unattended
installation after properly configuring the ports, you will want to read out
the variables /after/ calling config-conditional and recurse through the list.
--
Mel