Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 04:00:03 -0400
From:      "Matthew L. Creech" <gte733p@prism.gatech.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sis driver broken?

Hi, I just installed 4.4-STABLE on a machine.  I had the CD for
4.3-R so I installed it, and it worked perfectly.  I then cvsup'ed
to 4.4-STABLE and remade the world and kernel.  Everything seemed to
work fine with stable, but now all of a sudden the network card
doesn't work anymore!  Whether I specify my ip manually or use
dhclient, it gives nothing.  Dhclient just hangs with no output,
while setting things up manually results in a ping telling me that
my gateway doesn't exist.  It's a Netgear FA311-TX, which uses the
sis driver.  I haven't seen anything about this on the -stable list,
but did something change from 4.3 to 4.4 that would cause this
problem?  That's all I could think of, since the exact same
configuration worked fine in 4.3.  Thanks

--
Matthew L. Creech