Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:12:09 +0800
From:      "joeb" <joeb@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   GEOM + mount_msdosfs usb flash stick

On 7.0 release of FBSD trying to mount a usb flash memory stick. The stick
has a msdos file system on it and has been loaded with files using windows
xp. When I plug the stick into my FBSD 7.0 box I get Geom console msg
'GEOM_LABEL:Label for provider Da0s1 is msdosfs_flashdrive'.
Does this mean the flash stick is mounted and the mount point is
msdosfs_flashdrive'?
 When is issue this command,  mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt  I get this
console msg  ' GEOM get label removed'.  Using the /mnt mount point every
thing works fine.

What is GEOM doing form me in 7.0?