Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2014 12:31:07 -0600
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   portmaster not updating ports with new pkg

Dear folks,

I have migrated(trying to migrate) to pkg and remove the pkg_delete
pkg_install, pkg_* stuff that is going to be EOL'd  8-31-2014

I keep getting install problems:

===>  Installing for aalib-1.4.r5_9
===>  Checking if graphics/aalib already installed
===>   An older version of graphics/aalib is already installed (aalib-1.4.r5_8)
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of graphics/aalib
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** [check-already-installed] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/aalib.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/aalib.

I have tried to follow the advice to fix stuff with pkg * but want to
continue using portmaster, but I keep getting these problems.  Is
there an idiot* proof way of still using  portmaster to update ports
but use the new pkg * system?

using 9.2-RELEASE-p3 if it matters.

Thanks,

Antonio