Date:      03 Oct 2002 23:53:40 +0400
From:      "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, jhb@freebsd.org, "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PCI brokenness

=F7 Wed, 02.10.2002, =D7 11:31, Mark Murray =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:

> > I noticed both of yours and the other "me too" reply indicated ACPI was=
 in
> > use.  Is the behavior different when acpi is disabled?
>=20
> Yeah. Booting fails completely. Hard hang after probing the parallel port=
.

Just notice same problem on 4.7-RC2 while booting generic
(all unnecessary ISA drivers turned off)

turning PNP aware OS in BIOS cause system to boot, but=20
all three pci fxp cards to not working (but the was detected by kernel)

building custom kernel magically cures problem (it stops freeze of boot
just after ppc)

> --=20
> o       Mark Murray
> \_
> O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn
>=20
>=20
--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov