Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:24:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        gallinka@adelphia.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is the IBM Credit Card Ethernet II supported with FreeBSD 4.2 Release?

: I experience lockups when using this card with a Hitachi E series
: laptop.  I can use a New Media LiveWire 10/100 card fine.  This card
: uses the same driver as the one loaded for the IBM card.  I allocate
: specific FREE resources in the pccard.conf file with no success.
: Removing the card also does not help, the computer stays locked
: I do see the IBM card on the list of supported NICs by name but I have
: also heard of trouble getting this card to work.  I would appreciate any
: assistance in fixing this problem.

Hmmmm, the IBM CreditCard Ethernet II should just work.  It is just a
NE2000 clone.  I've had reports in the past of it working well.

Warner