Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:16:10 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current-digest V1 #566

Hi,

> The Trinketbox looks substantially similar to JMR's Chico towers, we have
> had bad experiences with these because when the fan goes: your drive cooks.

Steve's golden rule for buying disk cases:

  find the case you like and buy it.
  throw away the fan, it will be junk.
  buy a GOOD, BRAND-NAME, ball-bearing fan
   from digikey or other reliable parts house

other hints:

  if the front panel is removable, REMOVE IT,
   it may look ugly, but free air will flow directly across top of drive

  if it has airflow holes on bottom (or top if stacked) get extra tall
   rubber feet from hardware store.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD