Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:19:47 +0100 (BST)
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@caladan.tdx.co.uk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pine port problem (probably off topic)

Hi All,

I realise this probably isn't the place to bring
this up - but I've been working on my -current
system for most the weekend (elf, CAM etc.) and
I have a few panics to report... I'd love to use
pine to write the mail, but I can't get that to
compile...

If someone can suggest how I can fix:

cc -O -pipe -DDEBUG -DBSDI -DBSDI2 -DPOSIX
-DJOB_CONTROL -DMOUSE main.o -L. -lpico -ltermcap
-o pico
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open -lpico: No such
file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I realise the ports changeover to ELF is still
happening - I guess the above is something to do
with 'libpico.so.2.0' vs. '2' (without the .0'?)
but that's just a guess...

If someone can suggest how I can fix the above (
even if it means building a.out pine or something)

I can get back to writing up / mailing the panic
info...

Thanks,

Karl Pielorz
(ps. I can't go 'back up' - this is with the
/usr/ports/mail/pine4 port - cvsup'd this
morning)...