Date:      Wed, 27 May 2009 11:48:15 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
Cc:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 7.2: Xorg no keyboard/mouse input

On Wed, 27 May 2009 11:38:25 +0200 (CEST), Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be> wrote:
> I set upFreeBSD-7.2 on a PC from scratch (deleted prevvious 7.0
> partition, reinstalled 7.2)
> [...]
> at reboot, I get KDE login screen, but keyboard and mouse do not react to
> any input/move.
> (in 7.0 on same system, with same keyboard and mouse I had no problem)
> [...]
> what can be wrong and how to remedy?

Nothing wrong, is intended to be that way. :-)

Looks definitely like the new improvements (argh) of X. Refer
to /usr/ports/UPDATING - it contains instructions about how
to load HAL / DBUS at system startup or needed modifications
to xorg.conf.

Thre have been earlier posts about this problem on the mailing
list. Feel free to check the archives.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany