Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 10:38:03 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Runing games behind gateway with private ip address.

I have FBSD configured as gateway with private ip address for Lan
with 2 win98 workstations. I use user ppp with -Nat to dial out to
my ISP using external modem. This environment work fine for all
internet sessions from the lan except for games. When I try to play
a game that connects to the internet to play against other players
the game just hangs after making contact with the game server.
When I test the win98 workstation by having it dials out to the internet
direct using it's own modem, the game plays correctly.

It's like the game knows the workstation's ip address is being Nat as
it passes through the FBSD gateway.

How do I go about faking out the lan Win98 workstation so it thinks it
has an public ip address?