Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:08:41 -0500
From:      Xiaoye Sun <sunxiaoye07@gmail.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adjust Ring Size

Hi all,

I am new to netmap. I am current running netmap on Myricom 10G NIC and
Linux machine.
The problem in my case is that the maximum packet rate can achieve at the
receiver is about 650kpp with 1514 frame length, about 8.3Gbps (1.7 from
the 10Gbps line rate). if the sender sends faster than that, the receiving
speed will decrease. So I am wondering if the netmap ring size is too small
for my case.
Can you guys tell me how to increase the ring size?

Another question is can netmap handle (send/receive) jumbo ethernet frame
with 9000 frame length? If so, do I need to change the slot size? (my
understanding of the slot is that it is the unit in the ring contains
packet)

Thanks!

Best,
Xiaoye